RETAIL STORE SALES ASSOCIATE
Full-Time, Soho New York
Petite Studio NYC is looking for a Full-Time Retail Store Sales Associate to join our flagship store team. We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity for advancement within the company.
Petite Studio NYC is a contemporary niche fashion brand that caters to the petite sized woman. We launched our vision (“real petites, real fits”) back in 2016 and have grown into a powerful and recognizable brand within the fashion industry. This is a special opportunity to join a growing and thriving team. You will have the chance to personally contribute to the growth and future success of our incredible fashion brand.
THE COMPANY CULTURE
• Fashion forward
The Retail Store Sales Associate position is focused on creating an outstanding customer experience by shaping a positive, inviting, and fun environment for the client. This includes developing enthusiastic and knowledgeable sales professionals that understand the client, product presentation, retail space, and team standards.
OUR SHOP VALUES
• Relentless Customer Focus - outstanding and attentive service is #1 focus.
• Mutual Respect and Encouragement to all of our company’s team and customers.
• Everyone’s opinion matters - no piece of input is too small.
• Personal Responsibility - we all take ownership and operate with integrity.
• Results oriented, not process oriented.
This full-time position is located at the flagship retail space and showroom in the Soho neighborhood, of Manhattan New York.
Full-time status (40hr a week)
Competitive hourly rate, starting at $15 per hour
Sales Commission Potential
Generous company discount
Health Insurance Stipend
Plus more! Ask us!
The position Details:
• Ideal candidate must have a strong focus on driving sales, delivering refined customer service, and demonstrate strong clienteling skills.
• Provide outstanding customer service to customers shopping in the retail space, including assisting with size requirements, suggesting complementary styles, other outfits, and generally making customers feel comfortable shopping in our retail space.
• Develop unique strategies and plans to achieve sales results through clienteling, superior customer service, store events, and community involvement.
• Build lasting one-on-one relationships with customers.
• Ensure a consistent and quality store experience for all customers.
• Ability to solve customer issues with outstanding service and diplomatic skills.
• Think strategically and take ownership to drive the business to company standards.
• Prioritize, plan, delegate, and adapt to business needs.
• Motivate and support team members towards overall retail store and company growth. • Maintain open lines of communication with the Store Manager and management team; as well as participate in weekly retail team meetings.
• Ensure that you are up to date on product knowledge, shop standards, policy and procedure updates, upcoming promotions and events, including instagram postings and newsletters.
• Consistently implement the company visual presentation and merchandising standards with excellence.
• Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of the retail space, the stockroom, the cash wrap, the dressing rooms and the common areas by taking ownership of the space to ensure it is immaculately kept and presentable at all times.
• Assisting the Store Manager with inventory management, inventory counts and store operations when necessary.
•Assisting with online order fulfillment team to pack and ship online orders if / when necessary.
• Helping with customer support emails and messages if / when needed.
• Various other activities around the retail space and office including administrative work.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience – retail or hospitality experience preferred
• Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
• A passion for motivating, leading, and influencing others
• Must be hands on and sales driven
• Strong interpersonal and sales skills.
• The ideal candidate will be warm and welcoming and excellent at building strong relationships with customers (and our neighbors!)
• Hard worker with a strong work ethic.
• Self starter - someone who can identify what needs to be done before being asked.
• Strong attention to detail. Must be able to check your own work to catch any errors.
• Strong organizational skills.
•Must be comfortable with Excel and Google Drive and be able to track communications with customers.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity, have a commitment to quality, and thrive off working with smart, creative people, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here at Petite Studio NYC, we believe a diverse workplace fosters creativity, is critical to the success of our company, and benefits our communities. We seek to recruit, hire, and promote based on the candidate or employee’s qualifications and merit. No regard will be given to race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer who provides a respectful workplace for all employees.
Do you know someone perfect for this position? Please introduce or connect us to your friend(s) and if they are hired for the position we will send you a special referral gift as a thank you!